Chinese Standard Seminar: The Challenges in developing a world-class port 建设世界一流港口: 机遇及挑战
October 19 - October 30€4000
The port of the future is smart, sustainable, innovative, accessible and safe. But the uncertainty of the world trade, hinterland trade and logistics, new technology, environmental, community and safety issues are affecting the development of a modern port. How to deal with these evolving situations? How to maintain a sustainable growth?
In this high level seminar on Modern Port Development, we will be sharing experiences and strategic thinking on modern port development and go into the Flanders port area to get first-hand insights and discuss with the local experts in the field.
With this programme,
– You will to able to rethink the balance between economic efficiency and total value that ports create through effective port management and strategic master planning.
– You will understand the complexity of Supply Chain Management and European logistics and get insight of the new logistic concept of Physical Internet;
– You will find out how Port of Antwerp positions itself in the whole logistics chain and develops its intermodal strategy;
– You will be able to better assess the opportunities and challenges new technology brings and you will see practical experiences in smart port development;
– You will renew your knowledge of safety management in a smart port.
– You will realise the importance of the coordinated development with the environment and community.
This seminar aims to mid-high level managers, strategy makers of port companies, policy makers, researchers of port authorities, think-tankers of maritime research institutions in Greater China Region.
The two-week seminar contains both lectures and visits to Port of Antwerp, Zeebrugge Port and or North Sea Port. It will be held in English with a Chinese (Mandarin) -English translator.
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the seminar, breakfast and lunch (half board), accommodation at the 4 star hotel (14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by APEC will mean admission to the seminar will be denied.