- This event has passed.
Container terminal management
June 22 - July 3€4000
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DATES OF THE SEMINAR HAVE CHANGED!
The trend of containerisation has transformed the ports sector from one generation to another and increased the international trade between regions. This seminar on Container Terminal Management covers all essential aspects of Operations, Management and Commercial Understanding of the Container Terminal Business.
Why this programme?
Todays’ port professionals need a profound understanding of container terminal management, the evolutions impacting their development and the challenges and opportunities for container ports: growth of container traffic requiring extra container capacity, ever-larger vessels calling at your port and terminals, container lines alliances, automated port terminal operations, the increasing importance of hinterland connections and intermodality, increasing competition emphasizing cost efficiency and service.
With this seminar,
– You will have a clear view on the ongoing trend of containerisation and its impact on port development,
– You will realise the challenges and opportunities for ports in relation to container handling, both from the perspective of the port authority as for the container terminal operators: terminal capacity, temperature-controlled transportation, intermodality, stakeholder management and business intelligence,
– You will understand the importance of port efficiency and trade competitiveness,
– You will understand the key aspects and recommended practices for container terminal operations,
– You will be familiar with the essentials of container terminal configuration and lay-out and terminal equipment,
– You will be able to make actionable recommendations with regards to hinterland connections and intermodality,
– You will realise the impact of new technologies and innovation on Container Terminal Management: Terminal Operating Systems (TOS), Port Community Systems (NxtPort), Terminal automation, etc
This course is elaborated with visits to the ports of Antwerp, Zeebrugge and North Sea Port, paying special attention to container terminals . Next to that, we will visit an inland container terminal, the container shunting yard of the Belgian railways, and the Deurganck dock, a state of the art tidal container dock in Antwerp, located near the biggest lock in the world.
Who should attend?
This port course is targeted towards everyone who is directly or indirectly involved in the container business and would like to know more about it.
The topics discussed are relevant to
– managers of port authorities who are closely involved in handling containers or who wish to develop their container handling activities
– managers of container terminals
– managers of forwarding companies, shipping agents, cargo brokers, shipping companies, terminal operators & other logistic players with a focus on shipping and handling container cargo
– staff of ministries of transport or maritime affairs
– everyone who is faced with managerial or operational aspects of the container business.
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the seminar, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full board), accommodation at Mercure City South Antwerp**** (14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amout received by APEC will mean admission to the seminar will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 22/4/2020