octobre 11 - octobre 22€4000
Dredging plays a crucial role in coastal infrastructure projects and guarantees the navigability of waterways and port access. This high-level seminar on Dredging Technologies gives an overview of the latest applications, technology, equipment and environmental aspects of dredging, and the project management that goes with dredging projects.
Two major dredging companies, DEME Group and Jan De Nul Group, are based in Belgium and bring a substantial contribution to the programme, including engaging activities, inspiring field excursions, dredger simulators, etc. Also included in the programme are site visits in the port of Antwerp, the port of Zeebrugge and North Sea Port (Ghent).
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
This programme has been designed to provide an introduction to the subject of dredging and will improve your knowledge of different dredging applications, equipment selection, dredging processes, hydrographic surveying, soil characteristics and project management.
It will enable participants to commission, manage and regulate dredging projects and contractors more effectively and efficiently.
With this programme,
- You will gain an overview of different dredging processes, dredging equipment & dredging projects,
- You will understand the key industry terms and most common dredger types available on the market, including how they operate and boundaries for their use,
- You will be familiar with different dredging applications within a port such as maintenance dredging,
- You will know how to plan, manage and monitor dredging with a view to reducing costs and risks in your own projects,
- You will understand how dredging is done, including detailed explanations of the different stages of a dredging project: identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance,
- You will be familiar with scoping site conditions, soil characteristics, and environmental aspects,
- You will see how dredging impacts the environment and how this can be addressed through planning, management, mitigation and monitoring of the project,
- You will understand the standard types of dredging contracts, the key principles to consider when preparing a contract and how to minimise the risk of claims.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed for professionals on management level in dredging related industries. It will be beneficial for project owners working for governments, port authorities, offshore companies, coastal engineering companies, construction companies, dredging contractors, conservation agencies and other organisations. The programme is open to both technical and non-technical professionals.
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the seminar, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full board), accommodation at Mercure City South Antwerp**** (14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by APEC will mean admission to the seminar will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 14/4/2021