Health, safety and security
avril 19 - juin 4€3500
Why this programme?
Health, safety and security is a serious concern for port managers and port operators. The APEC port course on “Health, safety and security” covers all essential aspects of managing the health & safety of people working in ports and the security of ships, its cargo and its passengers, as well as port terminals.
During the course you will gain insight into how a port company can organise and/or campaign for health, safety and security policies.
With this programme,
– you will better understand key elements and be able to recommended good practices of an effective health and safety programme
– you will become more familiar with the principles of Behaviour Based Safety and understand the importance of continually focusing people’s attention and actions with regard to their daily behaviour towards safety
– you will be able to develop workplace health and safety programmes and prepare a plan of action to prevent accidents
– you will become familiar with security initiatives and ISPS (International Ship & Port facility Security), the reasons why they have been implemented and understand their impact on port operations
– you will get insights in the key elements of a port security plan
– you will understand the importance of cyber security and be able to make your organisation more cyber secure
– you will be able to assess to which extend safety and security is guaranteed in your port area and make actionable recommendations
– you will understand the impact of technology on safety and security in ports
This programme is open to everyone who is directly or indirectly involved in health and safety in the workplace and security in a port area.
For: Operations managers, Technical department managers, Safety officers, SHE coordinators, SMME business owners, Department of labour inspectors, Risk/Insurance assessors, Construction safety officers, Line managers and supervisors, Staff involved in day-to-day management of SHE programmes, anyone who would like to know more about the Health, Safety and Security Industry.
Course fee: €3.500
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the week in Antwerp, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full board), accommodation at Mercure City South Antwerp**** (7d/6n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amout received by APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 22/12/2020