Port business development and marketing
November 29 - December 10€4000
Modern port authorities are in a process of transformation into hybrid organisations that are deviating from their traditional role of solely providing port operations and services. They are playing an increasingly important role as the managing bodies searching for and capturing new markets and they are becoming more and more aware of their importance as a community builder and a facilitator in the maritime and logistics landscape.
This port course on Port Business Development and Marketing focusses on the aspects of commerce, marketing and communication by bringing the port closer to the market. It offers tools on how to gather insights in customer needs and how to respond to them, how to identify the unique selling points of a port and how to successfully put them in the market, how to communicate effectively to different target audiences and how to enlarge and diversify the position of the port in the marketplace. It gathers those elements that shape commercial strategies, marketing and communication plans and it presents the basic concepts related to the strategic mission of a port authority.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
The programme on Port Business Development and Marketing will zoom in on business development actions and marketing activities that will try to attract new business and projects and aims to increase existing business. It will guide the future development of the participants’ ports and it will enable them to give the port’s stakeholders and the wider port community a clear picture of the future plans and projects of the port its requirements and responsibilities.
WITH THIS PROGRAMME, YOU WILL
- understand the importance of bringing the port closer to the market, gain insights in customer needs, identify the unique selling points of your port or terminal and its current and potential future positioning in the marketplace
- get familiar with developing a commercial strategy, understand how to conduct relevant market studies in order to map the port potential and apply marketing techniques in order to present and capitalise on the port’s unique selling proposition
- be able to determine business plan actions that will allow you to follow up on identified market opportunities
- be able to picture the short, medium and long term development plans of your port, in order to provide the port’s stakeholders and wider port community with a clear understanding of (i) forecasted trade volumes, (ii) necessary infrastructural improvements and (iii) environmental and social principles the port will follow in its development
- learn how to build a solid communication strategy, using a wide range of communication channels. Based on that you will learn how to efficiently interact with port users and the port community through all types of modern media
During this programme, we will get first-hand insights of experts of the Antwerp Port Authority and discuss with external experts in commercial port development, marketing and communication in the port sector and the broader maritime industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is targeted towards port professionals who are directly or indirectly facing challenges regarding (commercial) port and terminal developments, maritime business intelligence, port promotion, etc.
The topics discussed are relevant to
- managers of port authorities that are active in commercial and sustainable port development strategies
- commercial staff and business development managers of port operating companies
- staff of ministries of transport or maritime affairs working on port promotion, stakeholder management, community management, etc.
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the inscription fee, documentation, local transport during seminar days, all meals (full board), accommodation at the Mercure City South Antwerp****(14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, transport between the airport and the hotel, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need te be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 29/09/2021