Port business development & marketing
November 9 - December 18€1400
Modern port authorities are in a process of transformation into hybrid organisations that are deviating from their traditional role of solely providing port operations and services. They are playing an increasingly important role as the managing bodies searching for and capturing new markets and they are becoming more and more aware of their importance as a community builder and a facilitator in the maritime and logistics landscape.
This port course on Port Business Development and Marketing focusses on the aspects of commerce, marketing and communication by bringing the port closer to the market. It offers tools on how to gather insights in customer needs and how to respond to them, how to identify the unique selling points of a port and how to successfully put them in the market, how to communicate effectively to different target audiences and how to enlarge and diversify the position of the port in the marketplace. It gathers those elements that shape commercial strategies, marketing and communication plans and it presents the basic concepts related to the strategic mission of a port authority.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
The programme on Port Business Development and Marketing will zoom in on business development actions and marketing activities that will try to attract new business and projects and aims to increase existing business. It will guide the future development of the participants’ ports and it will enable them to give the port’s stakeholders and the wider port community a clear picture of the future plans and projects of the port its requirements and responsibilities.
WITH THIS PROGRAMME, YOU WILL
- understand the importance of bringing the port closer to the market, gain insights in customer needs, identify the unique selling points of your port or terminal and its current and potential future positioning in the marketplace
- get familiar with developing a commercial strategy, understand how to conduct relevant market studies in order to map the port potential and apply marketing techniques in order to present and capitalise on the port’s unique selling proposition
- be able to determine business plan actions that will allow you to follow up on identified market opportunities
- be able to picture the short, medium and long term development plans of your port, in order to provide the port’s stakeholders and wider port community with a clear understanding of (i) forecasted trade volumes, (ii) necessary infrastructural improvements and (iii) environmental and social principles the port will follow in its development
- learn how to build a solid communication strategy, using a wide range of communication channels. Based on that you will learn how to efficiently interact with port users and the port community through all types of modern media
During this programme, we will get first-hand insights of experts of the Antwerp Port Authority and discuss with external experts in commercial port development, marketing and communication in the port sector and the broader maritime industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is targeted towards port professionals who are directly or indirectly facing challenges regarding (commercial) port and terminal developments, maritime business intelligence, port promotion, etc.
The topics discussed are relevant to
- managers of port authorities that are active in commercial and sustainable port development strategies
- commercial staff and business development managers of port operating companies
- staff of ministries of transport or maritime affairs working on port promotion, stakeholder management, community management, etc.
|Standard tariff||€ 1.400|
|APEC Alumni||€ 1.260|
An additional discount is applicable for multiple participants from the same organisation. Please contact the APEC project executive for more information.
The price includes all course material, personal coaching from our experts during the entire duration of the course and a certificate of completion.
There are scholarships available for the citizens of some countries. For more information on countries entitled to apply for a scholarship, please check our FAQ section.
The agenda of the course will be communicated before the start. Over the 6 weeks, there will be 60 study hours in a combination of readings, recorded content, interactive and live sessions. The live sessions will be planned to best suit the availability of the participants as they are an essential part of the learning experience. The sessions offer a unique opportunity to interact with our experts and your co-participants. They serve as a moment of review and discussion of your progress and assignments.
Please click here to apply for this course. You will receive a confirmation with payment information afterwards. There is a maximum of 35 participants per course to ensure the possibility of personal guidance and interaction for each participant. There is no selection procedure, participation will be granted by a first come, first served principle.
Final date to apply for the course: 02/11/2020