September 20, 2021 - October 1, 2021€4000
Ports are the gateways of goods for export and import. Ports all over the world therefore are striving to enhance and sustain efficiency and competitiveness whilst minimizing transaction costs to capture a greater market share. To achieve these goals, ports worldwide are looking at their operations from a port logistics and supply chain management point of view.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
The course on Port Logistics is an integrated course which tackles all aspects of modern logistics and supply chain management in relation to the maritime business. It focuses on the importance of customer service achieved by efficient, cost-effective handling and distribution of goods. This programme will enable port professionals to define effective logistic networks to ensure customer satisfaction and long term port sustainability.
After this programme,
- You will have an overview of the latest developments, knowledge and practices taking place in logistics and supply chains within the shipping and port industry,
- You will understand the impact of supply chain integration and maritime logistics value,
- You will understand the role of ports in the global supply chain and gain a global perspective on the increasingly key area of logistics,
- You will understand all the aspects of logistics and transportation of goods, including container shipping, breakbulk and exceptional cargo, and port-centric logistics,
- You will realise the importance of value added logistics and supply chain management and understand how port logistic centres with added value inputs can generate additional economic activity in and around the port area,
- You will be able to analyse inter-modal connectivity and hinterland relations and define your hinterland strategy,
- You will be familiar with customs regulations and integrated and omni-channel logistics,
- You will understand the impact of big data, technology and innovation on port operations and port logistics
During the course, we will visit the Port of Antwerp, Port of Zeebrugge and North Sea Port (Ghent). Site visits include several logistics companies and terminals within the Port of Antwerp.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This port course is targeted towards everyone who is directly or indirectly involved in logistics and supply chain management in relation to the maritime business.
The topics discussed are relevant to
- managers of port authorities and terminals who wish to develop their port logistics,
- managers of forwarding companies, shipping agents, cargo brokers, shipping companies, rail operators, terminal operators & other logistic players,
- staff of ministries of transport, maritime affairs, trade and industries, customs and excise
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the course, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full board), accommodation at Mercure City South Antwerp**** (14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 20/7/2021