Smart Port Technologies
octobre 5 - octobre 16€4000
It’s hard to imagine the world without them these days: words such as blockchain, augmented reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning have become woven into the warp and weft of our society. In fact, these technologies of the future may also demonstrate their worth in ports. Digitalization and automation bring competitive advantages to ports.
To meet current and future challenges, Port of Antwerp is striving to become smarter, better connected, and better integrated to the wider supply chain system.
This seminar on Smart Port Technologies addresses new innovative business models and concepts and focusses on the trends of technological innovations that have the potential to redefine cross-border trade and accelerate the seamless movement of products and, potentially, create a truly global collaborative environment. We will be sharing practical experiences and strategic thinking on the digital transformation of ports, as new technology brings both opportunities and challenges.
Why this programme?
With this programme,
– You will understand the potential and drivers for automation in ports and terminals,
– You will realise the challenges and perspectives of e-commerce for ports and port operating companies,
– You will understand the set-up of a global logistics chain, in other words a Smart Port Network, which optimizes multitude transport modes,
– You will become familiar with advanced technological solutions, such as Big Data, IoT, AI, Port Community Systems, blockchain, Terminal Operating Systems, and their applications in the port industry,
– You will be able to initiate and further develop digital innovation processes,
– You will understand the importance of cyber security and know how to make your organisation more cyber secure,
– You will understand the impact of technology on safety and security in ports.
During this programme, we will go into the Flanders port area (Port of Antwerp, North Sea Port, Port of Zeebrugge) to get first-hand insights and discuss with the local experts in the field about technological innovation and digital applications in the port sector.
This programme is open to:
– Port professionals, directly or indirectly, engaged in the areas of IT, innovation, digital transformation and smart port development in their port authority or port operating company,
– Anyone would like to know more about advanced technological solutions, such as Big Data, IoT, AI, Port Community Systems, blockchain, Terminal Operating Systems, and their applications in the port industry.
Course fee: €4.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, local transport during the seminar, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full board), accommodation at Mercure City South Antwerp**** (14d/13n) and insurance.
International transport, airport transfer, visa costs, extra meals and nights at the hotel are at your own expense. Extra nights at the hotel need to be arranged directly with the reservation desk of the hotel: HB664-RE@accor.com.
Please note that the registration fee must be received by APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amout received by APEC will mean admission to the seminar will be denied.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 05/08/2020