Strategic masterplanning and concession policy
February 18, 2019 - March 1, 2019€3500
From a clear definition of the strategy and objectives towards a successful implementation
The true definition of a master plan is that it explains the reason of existence of a port to the stakeholders involved. The course focus on the full development of a port master plan and the consequent implementation steps.
A concession strategy holds an important place within a masterplan. We will look into the “why” and “how” of a concession plan and its impact on a port and its stakeholders.
After the seminar, participants will have acquired the following skills and knowledge: Understand the true meaning of a master plan and its composing layers. How to use the master plan a strategic, technical, commercial, communication and marketing instrument. How a concession policy is implemented in a port and its effects for all the stakeholders.
• Defining the real meaning of a master plan
• How to use a master plan in the lifecycle of the port
• Developing according the defined strategy and objectives
• Getting support from the public, the community, investors and the government
• Deriving the spatial planning, equipment selection, operational procedures based on the master plan
• Fine tuning and adapting the masterplan while staying close to the original objectives
• Concessions: how to bring concessions to the market? The objectives and common grounds on the sell and buy side.
Final date to apply for a scholarship: 18/12/2018