- From 13/11/2023 to 24/11/2023
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
- Download brochure (1 MB)
As a port professional in today’s world, you must have a profound understanding of container terminal management and the evolving factors that impact its development.
Stay on top of the challenges and opportunities facing container ports to build value and success in the industry.
You are responsible or interested in managing or operating container business aspects:
- Port authority managers, who are heavily involved in handling containers or looking to expand their container-handling operations
- Container terminal managers
- Forwarding company managers, shipping agents, cargo brokers, shipping companies, terminal operators, and other logistics professionals with a focus on shipping and handling container cargo.
Our Container Terminal Management course dives deep into 5 key topics, giving you a comprehensive understanding of the container traffic landscape. You’ll learn about the need for additional capacity, the arrival of larger vessels at ports and terminals, the formation of container line alliances, automated terminal operations, the rise of multimodality, cost efficiency, and service amidst growing competition.
The programme offers a blend of academic lectures and practical insights from experienced port professionals. In a well-balanced combination of theory with real-world case studies and visits, you will be immersed in a well-rounded training on the following important topics.
The programme consists of 5 modules:
Introduction & Container Terminal Handling
- Key components of a container terminal
- Challenges, evolutions & trends
- Dangerous goods handling
- Customs declaration systems & container scanners
- ISPS codes, operational safety & insurance
- Equipment and engineering
- EPMO & terminal capacity
- Yard & warehouse management
- Training & management of port workers
Port of the Future
- Container Monitoring & tracking
- IT solutions for port safety
- Sustainable solutions in operations
- Terminal Automation
- Hinterland connectivity
- Inland terminals & dry ports
Different container terminals in Port of Antwerp-Bruges, inland & combined terminals, OCHA Training Center for Port Workers.