- From 30/10/2023 to 24/11/2023
- From 04/12/2023 to 08/12/2023
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
- Download brochure (884 KB)
Participating in this course will allow port professionals to gain a comprehensive understanding of the various components involved in creating and implementing a successful commercial port strategy. The program covers topics such as market intelligence, data science, creating an attractive port platform, developing a marketing plan to increase existing business and attract new port projects, effectively communicating with stakeholders and the community, and managing strategic port projects and investments. By completing this course, Port Professionals will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance the performance and sustainability of their port, and contribute to its long-term success.
This programme is designed for port professionals and executives seeking to enhance their skills in commercial strategy development, maritime market intelligence, data science in port business, port project management, and port community communication. It is ideal for those working in port operating companies, transport ministries, and maritime affairs who want to learn about sustainable port development and effective stakeholder and community management.
This programme is structured into four modules and features a blend of academic lectures and practical insights from experienced port experts. The course material includes both theoretical concepts and real-life case studies to provide a well-rounded and comprehensive learning experience.
The programme consists of 4 modules:
Industry Trends and Business Intelligence
- Maritime trends and challenges in the supply chain
- Market intelligence
- Data Science: case study
Project Business Development
- Building an attractive business platform
- Key account management
- Stakeholder management
Port Strategy, Marketing and Communication
- Strategic port planning, pricing strategy of a port authority
- Building a commercial strategy
- Port marketing in practice: positioning & branding
- Developing an external and internal communication strategy
- Strategic port projects: why and how?
- Financial and investment analysis
Live Week in Antwerp
Site visits to Port of Antwerp-Bruges, terminals, warehouses and workshops.