- From 04/09/2023 to 15/09/2023
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
- Download brochure (884 KB)
*Our participant capacity has been reached. If you are interested in this course please refer to the contact details below to get in touch for more information.
As a port professional, gaining a thorough understanding of the responsibilities and functions of each party in the supply chain is crucial, as well as the principles of value-added logistics and efficient supply chain management.
The Port Logistics programme emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service through the efficient, cost-effective handling and distribution of goods.
- The Port Logistics course is designed for port authority executives responsible for developing logistic strategies and operations.
- Additionally, executives of freight forwarding and logistics companies that specialize in maritime, rail, and road transport, as well as terminal operators and warehouse managers, gain from this course as well.
- Officials from government ministries focused on transport, maritime affairs, and customs benefit from this programme.
The Port Logistics programme is composed of five modules, expertly crafted to provide comprehensive training through a blend of academic lectures and real-world insights from experienced port professionals. The course combines theoretical concepts with practical applications, ensuring that participants gain a well-rounded understanding of the subject matter, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to excel in their professional roles.
The programme consists of 5 modules:
Supply Chain Management
- Major trends impacting global supply chains
- Flanders as a logistic hub for Europe
- Hinterland strategy: infrastructure and multimodal connectivity
- Warehouse management
- Cold Chain logistics
- Port Community Systems
- Warehouse Management System
- Tracking & safety technology for port workers
- Health and Safety Management Systems
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Definition of CSR in a port environment
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s)
- The port as a community builder
Port Efficiency & Competitivity
- How to create an attractive port platform
- Value-added logistics
- Trade facilitation
- Operational efficiency