- From 30/01/2023 to 24/02/2023
- From 06/03/2023 to 10/03/2023
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
- Download brochure (953 KB)
The success of a port governance model relies on comprehending legal, economic, financial, and environmental factors. Staying abreast of current trends and optimal practices in port governance is crucial.
- This program is designed to help experienced port professionals make informed decisions about short-, medium- and long-term investments and developments in ports. It provides navigational tools that enable users to take calculated risks and optimize their port investments.
- Executive directors and managers that are active in overall port management, port (development) strategy, regional development strategy (with ports as a driver for regional development), planning & development (commercial and infrastructure) and port relations (port-government-communities).
Participants will discover all aspects related to a Masterplan as a strategic, technical, commercial and communication tool, while obtaining the skills to review an existing Masterplan.
The programme consists of 6 modules:
Role of Port Authorities
- What are the different port governance models?
- What are the roles & responsibilities of a port authority, the government and the municipality?
- The port authority as a community builder
- What is the importance of connectivity and sufficient hinterland solutions?
- How to create a macroeconomic outlook, demand & traffic projections?
Organization of a Port Authority
- How is a port authority organized?
- How is a port financed and how are revenues generated through land lease, port dues and other services
- How is sustainability incorporated into the organization?
Fundamentals of Port Masterplanning
- How is a port layout plan developed?
- On what grounds are port capacity projections based?
Strategy of a Port Authority
- How is a port strategy defined?
- Policy, mission, vision, corporate strategy Methodology, project management and budgeting of strategic projects
Port Projects Management
- Cost & development projections
- How to set and budget priorities and how to monitor the wanted and effective realization of them
- Equipment, Infra & Superstructure CAPEX
Live week in Antwerp
Site visits to different companies, terminals and warehouses in and around the port area and customs at Port of Antwerp-Bruges.
Bart Van Mol