- From 10/06/2024 to 21/06/2024
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
- Download brochure (638 KB)
Ports play an important role as a catalyst for the sustainable transition of industry, shipping, and energy. To embrace this position, it is important to understand the possibilities of environmental policy development and environmental protection in the port area. The aim is to fulfil the Sustainable Development Goals with respect to innovation, economic growth and added value of port activities.
The program is suitable for HSEQ managers and officers, as well as port professionals who are involved in the development of sustainable ports and environmental policies.
This course focuses on sustainable development management, sustainable policy, energy transition and environmental protection in a port context. Additionally, it shows how to become a frontrunner in sustainable solutions and how to effectively reduce environmental impact through targeted initiatives.
The programme consists of 6 modules:
- Sustainable policy in a port context
- Circular economy
- Renewable energy
- Hydrogen economy
Environmental Policy & Regulation
- Environmental policy development
- Environmental permitting
Sustainable Development Goals
- Definition & application to your local context
- Port Endeavor Game
- Environmental impact of dredging
- Waste management
- Incident management
- Air quality and reducing emissions of shipping
- Role of innovation in sustainability
- Digital eco-systems