- From 19/02/2024 to 15/03/2024
- From 25/03/2024 to 29/03/2024
- Registration fee
- Deadline to apply
Big data, artificial intelligence, IoT and other technological solutions make ports smarter to face today’s challenges. The port in general is an interconnected environment that gathers together different logistics actors who make use of a variety of systems.
This course presents established and emerging technologies in smart port development.
The participants will gain insights and skills to seize the opportunities related to digitalisation in a port environment, but also to create an innovative culture within the port.
Port professionals, directly or indirectly, engaged in the areas of IT, innovation, digital transformation and smart port development within their port authority, port and terminal operating companies.
Anyone interested in advanced technological solutions, such as Big Data, IoT, AI, Blockchain and their applications in the port industry, but also Port Community Systems, Maritime Single Window Systems, Port Management Information Systems, Terminal Operating Systems and other supporting applications.
The course discusses various aspects of developing a smart port strategy and adapting smart port technologies to increase the efficiency of a port or terminal and improve its performance & economic competitiveness. It includes both theoretical sessions as well as practical on-site visits.
The programme consists of 4 modules:
Digital Transformation & Community Building
- Digital strategy & digital transition
- Cost-effectiveness of ICT innovation
- Digitalisation in the maritime supply chain
- Port Community Systems and logistic platforms
- Setting up a digital eco-system for innovative technology companies
Systems & Solutions
- Established and evolving port & terminal technologies
- Implementing technology
- Digitizing processes
Sustainable & Digital Innovations
- Innovations for the sustainable transition & development of a port environment
- Data science & AI
- Smart port technologies & infrastructure
- Innovation and design thinking
- Innovations in safety and security
Cyber Security & Data Protection
- Data Security and General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR)
- Cyber resilience & security
T: +32 3 205 21 09
Tom De Smedt
T: +32 3 205 23 60